My car has been having issues

Home Forums Technical Discussions My car has been having issues

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 5 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

Jack

I got a car on Finance in October (2016) and the past month it has been in the garage once a week meaning I was unable to drive the car as much as i would like to, as I had an oil leak and i didn’t want to drive it far in fear of the engine overheating and more problems, yesterday (2nd July 2017) my car started smoking from the engine after a 20 minute drive (which I have on camera), I took it down to the garage again for them to keep in overnight to fix this issue, will i be able to get a refund of last month and this month due to a recurring issue if an oil leak? I did go back to the garage a couple weeks ago due to the same issue, i got shoved off saying there wasn’t any leak and it’s normal after an oil change as there might have been oil there being heated up but it will go.

• #116744 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi Jack. You are well outside the first six months of ownership, so rejecting the vehicle would be more difficult.

You can’t simply not make your monthly payments to the finance company – it doesn’t work that way. You will be marked as a defaulter, and the finance company could potentially size the vehicle and invoice you for the remainder owed. Your finance agreement is separate to the vehicle.

If your car is under warranty, you can try to get the matter resolved under warranty. If not, you will be liable for any repair costs.

Reply To: My car has been having issues

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Lost Password

Tweet
Stumble
+1