BMW with unknown fault. My rights?

Home Forums Any Other Business BMW with unknown fault. My rights?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 2 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

Kelly

Hi, purchased a car from BMW 6 months ago, it’s now been in the garage with them for 5 weeks with an unknown fault, they’re changed 2 parts and it’s still not starting on demand.

I paid a lot of money for this car and now getting a little fed up, what are my rights? If any!

• #119717 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi Kelly. You can attempt to reject the car under the Consumer Rights Act within the first six months (not including time the dealer has had the car to fix the fault).

Because you are outside the first 30 days, the dealer is entitled to one chance to fix the car after you provide formal notice of your intention to reject the car.

If you don’t want to reject the car, you will need to keep chasing the garage up, twice a day if necessary, until they get the problem sorted. Basically you need to become the most annoying person in the world (politely, of course), so that they are desperate to fix the problem and make you go away!

Reply To: BMW with unknown fault. My rights?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Lost Password

Tweet
Stumble
+1