New Car on PCP with Issues

Home Forums Car finance New Car on PCP with Issues

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Andy F

Hi everyone and great site.

I just have a question regarding a new car which I purchased from Arnold Clark. I purchased a new Peugeot 208 GT line from Arnold Clark on Bank Holiday Monday. However, I have noticed a few things which shouldn’t be associated with a new car.

The windscreen has very fine scratches on it – quite a few actually
    There is an issue with the sound when the audio is switched on (interference sounding)
    There are scratches around the volume control on the touchscreen
    There are scratches on the chrome trim on the drivers door where the window sits.

These issues have been reported through Peugeot and the dealer is having my car in on Friday. If Peugeot refuse to say the scratches are anything to do with them or the manufacturing (which I wont be able to live with). Plus, Arnold Clark will not help what are my rights, bearing in mind this is a PCP deal but I’m only not happy due to the defects.

I know its all theoretical at the moment as nobody has said yes or no, but I just wanted a heads up.

Many thanks :)

• #113306 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi Andy. The car would have been delivered to the dealership with substantial plastic and paper protective wrapping all over the car, and numerous stickers and papers stuck to the glass with build/customs/transit information. The scratches have quite probably been caused by the valeters when they removed all of this as part of the pre-delivery process.

As such, it is the dealer that you will have to take the matter up with. Unfortunately, Arnold Clark has a pretty poor reputation for customer service, so you will need to stand firm on demanding a fix.

If you feel it is sufficient cause to reject the vehicle, you will need to contact the finance company as the car is basically theirs until you have paid it off.

Reply To: New Car on PCP with Issues

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Cancel

Lost Password

Tweet
Stumble
+1