New look for TheCarExpert.co.uk!

Home Forums New and News New look for TheCarExpert.co.uk!

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  mac makeup dupes 414020 3 years, 2 months ago.

• Author
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

TheCarExpert.co.uk has been refreshed for the 2014 model year!

As you will probably have already noticed (since you are already here), the site has been given a comprehensive makeover which has improved both form and function.  The homepage gets a dramatic new look, with better graphics and images.  Across the site, new texts have improved legibility for all users – regardless of whether you are viewing the site on a computer, tablet or smartphone.  Naturally, performance has improved by 18%, combined with a CO2 reduction of 24%.  Increased use of aluminium and carbon fibre means that the new site weighs about 150kg less, as well.  The new site recently set a new lap record at the Nurburgring, and you can expect to see a forthcoming GT3 version shortly.  However, the rumour that the new site was designed by Posh Spice is simply not true…

The new platform also gives us a better base to keep building and growing.  The old theme had reached its limits of usefulness with the volume of material now available to read on the site, so the new theme should allow us to make it easier for visitors to find relevant articles to read.

There will be more to come in the next few weeks, including our first-ever competition and giveaway.  This is still being hammered out, but I am looking forward to sharing that news with you all soon.

Inevitably, there will be niggles that need working through over the next few weeks as people spot problems or things that are not working as intended.  If you spot anything, please let me know below so I can get it sorted ASAP.

Cheers,

stu

• #4838 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

And before you all mention it, yes, I realise that the sidebar is missing from the forum pages (and most of the posts). Not sure how to fix that yet…

• #4848 Reply
    Angus Young
    Angus Young
    Participant

Generally like the look and, unlike some other updates I could mention, navigation hasn’t suffered. But…

Need to take the type up a couple of points on the forum.

From a design point of view I’m not sure about the look of having words running over the pictures on the front page. And having only the words ‘hot’ rather than the whole picture, I almost went away thinking that the links were not yet active before I found that the words were live.

Keep up the good work!

• #4858 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

The forum font size is something I don’t seem to be able to alter adequately, but am looking into ways of sorting it. Should be able to get the images to hotlink rather than just the text, will hopefully get it sorted over the next couple of days. Thanks for the feedback.

• #4875 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Images should now be hotlinking, rather than just the text on the images.

• #4876 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

As for the annoyingly small font size in the forums, I don’t seem to be able to do anything about it. If anyone has web developing skills and can offer advice, I’d muchly appreciate it!

• #4878 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

For font size, there is a button on the toolbar when writing a post where you can adjust the font size.

XX-Large

X-Large

Large

Medium

Small

X-Small

XX-Small

• #5089 Reply
    andrewtaylor
    andrewtaylor
    Participant

Love the new look. very modern and clean. It seems to load more slowly or maybe thats just me?

• #45390 Reply

mac makeup dupes 414020
Reply To: New look for TheCarExpert.co.uk!

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Lost Password

Tweet
Stumble
+1