Overfinch

Home Forums Any Other Business Overfinch

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Angus Young Angus Young 4 years, 4 months ago.

• Author
    richoeyes
    richoeyes
    Participant

I just wondered if anyone out there knew what the deal was with ‘Overfinch’? I’ve encountered it twice in the last two days on a couple of Range Rover Vogues. I’m a little mystified as to what is is having never come across it before. Any clarity gratefully received….(as an aside, I was mystified enough by the usage of ‘Vogue’ as a model name in the context of a Range Rover…now I’m truly confused).

• #4955 Reply
    philm4000
    philm4000
    Participant

As people accumulate money it has an acute impact on taste. Overfinch provide a service which operates at the extreme of the wealth/taste curve whereby any Land Rover product can have any class/style it had removed and can be turned into a beacon of crassness.

• #4959 Reply
    richoeyes
    richoeyes
    Participant

thanks – that makes a lot of sense in the context of the sight I saw… does this only exist for Land Rover, or is there a phalanx of bling merchants out there, catering for every brand/taste?

• #4963 Reply
    liquidgold
    liquidgold
    Participant

In fairness to Overfinch, they have been around for a long time now, and their history is far more engineering-biased than the current plastic and alloy aesthetic addenda would have you believe.

In the day of the big Rover V8, Overfinch were masters of extricating extra power from these low-tech lumps, and then providing damping and steering mods to make it a bit more road-biased. The difference was that the well-heeled country folk in my neck of the woods would have the engine breathed on and the handling sorted with no external sign of the mods made or money spent.

Today’s Overfinch overkill is more a product of the changing customer base than the company itself – they will make products that have a lucrative market. Unfortunately, there is a large pool of people who’d rather have an in-yer-face 3.0 diesel than a subtle petrol V8.

New, improved and a stone lighter. Where's the nearest Atom dealer?

• #4964 Reply
    Angus Young
    Angus Young
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>richoeyes wrote:</div>does this only exist for Land Rover, or is there a phalanx of bling merchants out there, catering for every brand/taste?

If you’re new to this type of hideous excess you might want to try Googling ‘Mansory’ to see some real crimes against taste.

Reply To: Overfinch

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Cancel

Lost Password

Tweet
Stumble
+1