PCP & GFV advice need please

Home Forums Car finance PCP & GFV advice need please

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  steve46 3 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

steve46
    Participant

Hi all, just a quick query I need answering before Audi ring me up in the morning! With regards the Guaranteed Future Value of a car on a PCP deal is the amount stated at the start of the deal guaranteed to stay the same if you want to pay the balloon payment at the end and purchase the car? I realise the GFV may be more than that quoted, therefore there may be some equity for a deposit on another deal, but I’m thinking I’d like to buy the car, as the total amount I’m to pay back including the GFV, means I’m able to buy a 26k car for only very slightly more over 4 years, practically interest free over 4 yrs on a new car – got to be a good deal! but only if the quoted GFV, when purchasing, remains the same as that quoted when purchasing!!!

Thanks.

• #27531 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Yes, it is the amount still outstanding on your finance. The value of the car does not affect the settlement figure owing at the end of the settlement. It’s only of use if you are giving the car back.

• #27535 Reply

steve46
      Participant

Thanks Stuart, hoped that would be the case!

steve.

Reply To: PCP & GFV advice need please

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Lost Password

Tweet
Stumble
+1