PCP Question

Home Forums Car finance PCP Question

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 1 year, 9 months ago.

• Author

Andy R

I have 8 months left of a Mercedes PCP deal, the interest rate being charged is about 4.4%, we are going to keep the car at the end of the term and pay the final payment, but i can get a loan now from sainsburys at 3.4%, on that basis is it worth me buying the car now, as im sure they are now early redemption charges?

• #87835 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi Andy. We already covered your question from yesterday here:
    http://thecarexpert.co.uk/settle-a-pcp-early/

stuart

• #88100 Reply

Neil Spedding

Hi Stuart
      I wondered if you could help me on the 28th February I signed up for a Nissan Juke on pcp I only signed a order form no finance contract ect I take delivery on Friday 11th March but Nissan have advertised they are doing a 5 day sale of a extra £500 finance contribution and 2 years free servicing my question is will I be entitled to ask for this extra discount when I go and sign the finance agreement and pick up the car? Also on the order form which is what I signed hadit all costings on with price of car, finance contribution, deposit part ex value, registration fee, car tax ect ect ect. On further investigation of there figures they have put the incorrect tax amount wrong it should be lower will this get altered at collection of car or does the wrong figures make the document none binding due to incorrect information on it?
      Regards
      Neil

• #88108 Reply
      Stuart Masson
      Stuart Masson
      Keymaster

Hi Neil. You should be able to get the improved offer from Nissan without any trouble. It is unlikely to cost the dealer anything extra, so they are usually happy to re-write the contract to suit.

As for the incorrect tax amount, it’s probably not enough to declare the whole contract invalid. If the error is in your favour and not massive, you could probably argue the point and they will usually just wear the loss. However if it was obviously a massive mistake and you would be paying much less than the correct price, they can claim it was an honest mistake and rectify it. The law allows them to do that if it was a genuine error, and you would have to show they were deliberately trying to mislead you to force otherwise.

Obviously if the mistake would cost you extra, you can demand that the contract be re-written correctly.

• #87950 Reply

Ayrton Hamilton-Smith

Good Morning,

I have an Audi A1 1.0 that I have been on PCP since September 2015, my mate would like to take over as I am looking at purchasing a new car. Is this possible and if so what is the likely cost.

Kind Regards
    Ayrton Hamilton-Smith

Reply To: PCP Question

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Cancel

Lost Password

Tweet
Stumble
+1