PCP – Who is the registered owner

Home Forums Car finance PCP – Who is the registered owner

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 1 year, 4 months ago.

• Author

daisyduck
    Participant

Hi!
    I am just buying a car through Kia using a PCP.

I was just wondering who actually owns the vehicle during the time of the plan? (Obviously I am aware that I own the car if I pay off the full balance!)

Thanks

• #20227 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

You are the registered owner and keeper of the vehicle on a PCP (unlike a lease, where the finance company is the owner). The finance company retains an interest in the vehicle, which will be noted in the car’s history whenever anyone checks it, so you can’t sell the car without clearing your finance.

• #90322 Reply

Brita

Hi just wanted to ask if my partner can be put as the keeper of my car on PCP as she drives it more often and insurance is more expensive if I am the keeper and she is a main driver. As the car will be hers anyway but I am happy to keep on paying including the balloon payment at the end.

• #90323 Reply

Brita

Sorry and also forgot to add that also have different addresses hence the insurance being so expensive. So it would make sense to just put it in her name. I understand the being the legal owner is different from registered keeper??? I just want her to be the keeper and me the owner. If that makes sense. Thank you so much.

Reply To: PCP – Who is the registered owner

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Lost Password

Tweet
Stumble
+1