Problem with used VW Golf purchase

Home Forums Buying a Car Problem with used VW Golf purchase

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 1 year, 1 month ago.

• Author

karen thomas

Hi. I bought a used car from a garage with 12 months MOT and 3 months warranty. I love the car (Volkswagen Golf TDI) but there is a problem that the car judders when idling. I took the car back and they said it may be water in the filter.they put something in it and told me it won’t work until you’ve driven about 100 miles…I did about 200 and it’s still the same. The engine when you lift the bonnet moves horrendously when the car is idling.

I took the car back and they said it was an engine mounting . They kept the car for 2 days and replaced the mounting but this has not fixed the problem. The engine still looks like it has a bad case of the shakes. I’ve had a word with a couple of mechanics both are mentioning injectors or dual mass flywheel. Both of these being expensive jobs. This I feel is why the garage is ignoring the the real problem and trying to fob me off!

I have already had the car for 2 months so am now pushed for time before the warranty runs out. If I take my car elsewhere and get it repaired would I legally be able to get the cost of the job back from the dealer?

Aaaarrrggghhhh is so frustrating!

• #95023 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi Karen. You have had the car more than 30 days but less than six months, so you have some options.

The vehicle has been back to the dealer and they have not been able to fix the problem. Assuming it is a significant fault with the vehicle, you have the right to reject the car for a full refund. For more information, have a read of our article on the new Consumer Rights Act.

Reply To: Problem with used VW Golf purchase

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Cancel

Lost Password

Tweet
Stumble
+1