Purchase order signed, dealer says car price has now gone up.

Home Forums Buying a Car Purchase order signed, dealer says car price has now gone up.

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 1 year, 3 months ago.

• Author

Tobie Hayward

Hi

I have recently visited a JEEP dealership, I had NHS discount applied to my purchase which saved me a lot of money.

I have signed a purchase order for a new car.
    It states that it is a legally binding contract.

The dealer has now contacted me a few days after and stated that the price has gone up by £2000. can they do this?

Do they have to supply the car at the price that was agreed as per the purchase order?

your help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Tobie

• #93370 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi Tobie. If the order was for a specific vehicle (ie – it has a unique VIN or registration number) then you can probably argue for the dealer to honour the contract.

If it was for an unspecified new car, it becomes very tricky to successfully argue that the dealer should be forced to honour the price. It would depend why the original price was no longer available – if that particular specification or model is no longer available to be purchased, a dealer can’t be obliged to supply it. If they have just decided to try and extract anther £2,000 from you, that’s a different story.

If the dealer is not being helpful or clear in explaining what has happened, try contacting Jeep UK for answers.

Reply To: Purchase order signed, dealer says car price has now gone up.

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Lost Password

Tweet
Stumble
+1