purchased a second hand car

Home Forums Blogs purchased a second hand car

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 9 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

brandon marshall

on the way home .once exceeding 40 mph very bad vibration .. phoned salesman he said take it home we know what it is call back tomorrow ( it was a sunday) also car had oil leak ,, cigarette lighter not working
    They did offer to fix the car .. they were very good and even lent me a car..
    after 2 weeks they said it was all done.. collected the car.
    now .. the drive shaft was repaired.. the oil leak they said they had done then told me they couldnt find it .. the cigarette lighter not touched.. NOW i find that the car sill and door is damaged .. i phoned them they told me that it was not them but would speak to the technician etc, after 2 days they phone back and say that they knew the damage was there before i purchased it ..because they have photographic evidence of this.. i and a mechanic had it up on a ramp and we never spotted it. also on viewing the car i never spotted it so i dispute that it was there before they took it back to repair it .. but.. my word against theres with what they are saying they said its not there problem its bought as seen .. can i return the car as its less than thirty days… or what are my options . the damage is underneath and damaged the sill and really looks like that its been caused by being lifted wrongly ..

• #104770 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi Brandon. If the driveshaft repair fails now that it has been fixed, that would be grounds to reject the car. The oil leak issue would depend on the details of how bad the damage is, and the cigarette lighter is not likely to be acceptable as a reason to reject the vehicle.

The damaged sill is a difficult one, because you don’t have any proof that they have caused the damage when it was in for repairs. If they do have photos showing the damage before your purchase, it’s unlikely you will get anything out of them.

Reply To: purchased a second hand car

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Cancel

Lost Password

Tweet
Stumble
+1