Real Men Racing

Home Forums Motorsport Real Men Racing

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 4 years, 6 months ago.

• Author
    onehorsepower
    onehorsepower
    Participant

This’ll get all those over-groomed style icons in F1 soiling their racing overalls. Amateur drivers racing street cars without safety mods. Check out the guy in the convertible Mustang without a helmet. Are they even wearing seat belts? No one dies!

• #3640 Reply
    The Colonel
    The Colonel
    Participant

No one dies!

There was no need for safety devices back then with all the big hair, kipper ties, flares, and mutton chops personal safety was guaranteed – it’s no surprise that some questionable facial hair choices are making a comeback with the growth in cycling.

Nice video though, thanks.

"Who do you think is the most capable?"

"Capable of what?"

• #3648 Reply
    onehorsepower
    onehorsepower
    Participant

I just watched it again and the big Chevy goes straight on at the first corner, listen carefully and you can hear the crunch, very embarrassing. I am trying to remember the name of the tune at the beginning.

• #3649 Reply
    The Colonel
    The Colonel
    Participant

I am trying to remember the name of the tune at the beginning.

Ahhh, that’d be the wonderful “Swinging Safari” by the equally wonderful Bert Kaempfert. It wouldn’t be the 70s without it.

Edit: I just noticed that it starts playing as the, ahem, “rolling start” commences. Who the hell in all of Suffolk thought that would be the best track to play…Hawkwind had given us “Silver Machine” before then!

“Sideways through time…”

"Who do you think is the most capable?"

"Capable of what?"

• #3686 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Brilliant, love it. I miss genuine production car racing, where completely different cars competed in the same event and were not adjusted to produce “parity”.

Reply To: Real Men Racing

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Cancel

Lost Password

Tweet
Stumble
+1