Registration vs spec

Home Forums Any Other Business Registration vs spec

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 9 months ago.

• Author

Joanne

Hi,
    I bought a Mercedes a180 second hand last may, from the dealership it was a 2015 plate, this year I have required about part exchanging it for something else and have learnt that my 2015 registered a class is actually a spec back from 2013 and basically has the same valuation of a 2013 car. Would this have been something that the dealership should have informed me when buying the vehicle? I can’t seem to get over the fact that my 2015 car is valued the same as a car 2 years older?!
    Thanks

• #109726 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi Joanne. It’s perfectly normal for a model to maintain its specification for a number of years, but its value will depend on age (from date of first registration), mileage, condition, etc.

Unless there is a particular difference between your 2013-spec A-Class and an equivalent 2015-spec A-Class (and there’s nothing significantly different about the model itself), then a 2015 version will be worth more than a 2013 version.

Reply To: Registration vs spec

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Lost Password

Tweet
Stumble
+1