Rejecting my brand new Golf – advice please

Home Forums Blogs Rejecting my brand new Golf – advice please

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

GOLF R LINE 2017

I purchased a brand new Volkswagen Golf R Line last Friday, after a few days I took it back as there was an awful noise when going over bumps or pot holes or any bump. turns out they left the suspension blocks on so the brakes were really weak and the suspension was non-existent. they took them off I drove off and the next day realised that the car is still making this noise. I took it back to the garage and asked the manager to drive the car to confirm he could hear the problem also. he could! they are now collecting the car tomorrow to do their checks and see what has happened but I have explained to them I now want to reject the car/contract with them.
    What problems could I face?

• #117775 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Unfortunately, it is a surprisingly common error to leave the transport blocks in place during a pre-delivery inspection, so you’re definitely not the first person to experience this.

It’s possible that some damage has been done by you driving the car with the blocks in place for a few days, but you’ll need to wait until the dealer tells you what the problem is.

You can reject the vehicle, but your chances of succeeding will depend on what the fault is and whether or not it’s easily fixed. In other words, if the car is not actually faulty but simply has a fault, you can’t reject it.

You may be better arguing for some form of compensation for them wasting your time.

Reply To: Rejecting my brand new Golf – advice please

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Cancel

Lost Password

Tweet
Stumble
+1