Rejecting used car

Home Forums Buying a Car Rejecting used car

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 1 year, 3 months ago.

• Author

Patrick

Hi there,
    I bought a 3 year old Volkswagon Tiguan about 16 days ago, picked it up, now overall, with the price I paid I’m not satisfied with it. I bought it on pcp. Tomorrow I have to bring it back to dealer to fix some things I found to be wrong with it. The biggest one the speedometer won’t go above 2500reevs even when I floor it, also at low speed 10-15 mph I can hear a rubbing noise either from wheels or engine. The Volkswagon dealer said bring it back warrant will cover repairs, can I reject it when I bring it back tomorrow on grounds of these problems or should I just let them fix it and take it back, but for me if I paid so much it shouldn’t be giving any problem if they checked it right before it was given to me. Thank you for your information.

• #92443 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi Patrick. The right to reject the vehicle is based on the fault being ‘significant’, which is always going to be a subjective issue – especially on a used car.

For more information, have a read of our article about the Consumer Right Act.

Reply To: Rejecting used car

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Lost Password

Tweet
Stumble
+1