Renault Dealer reneged on Friends & Family discount.

Home Forums Buying a Car Renault Dealer reneged on Friends & Family discount.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 1 year, 2 months ago.

• Author

Charles

Hi Stuart,

I ordered a Renault Megane back in March taking advantage of the Friends & Family discount scheme for Renault employees. In this case -38% as they were clearing out the old model. We went through the pricing and options & I signed a dealership order form (no T’s&C’s attached to it) & paid a deposit. Estimated delivery date via email was ‘end of may/early June’ as they said it was not a car from stock and being ordered from the factory since it was a less common model within the Megane range.

Since then I received a few contacts emails with still no exact confirmed delivery date.

On 20th June the dealership called me asking to choose an engine specification! as the car was now going to be the new model Megane and as such the equivalent model in the new range had a different engine. I chose, and they replied with ‘the car is now on order’

Having had no definite update, Today I phoned ahead and spoke to the head of sales requesting a meeting. He said promised on of his senior sales guys would go through everything with me.

They rolled out the carpet… when through all the specification details of what had actually been ordered and when it was due, and pointed out that i could still change specification up until mid August. Then the happily showed us to the new demonstrator of the exact model I want & gave us the keys & let us take it for a test drive unaccompanied.

Back inside we went through ‘the final pricing’ and the main discount was reduced to -19% ‘as its now the new model’ and we (the dealership) don’t set the discounts. I said I wasn’t interested at the new price, and was holding them to the price on the order form. They replied that they’d have to go back to Renault to see about that.

Where do i stand with this?

I believe the dealership screwed up/failed to make the original order correctly & by the time they realised, it was only possible to order the new model.

The new model is pretty much the same list price as the old one, and specifications balance out – some things are better, some things are worse. So no issue with the actual vehicle.

I still want the car, but at the 38% off. What is the best way to proceed?

thank you

• #92434 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi Charles,

In reality, there’s not a whole lot you can do. All the dealer has to say is they are unable to supply the vehicle because the manufacturer is no longer making that model and the contract will be null and void.

The Friends and Family discount will indeed be set by Renault head office, not the dealership (although the dealer is probably having to contribute), and there is no way you are going to get 38% off the price of a new model which is only just arriving in the UK now.

So basically, you can’t have an old model Mégane at 38% off because it no longer exists, and you won’t be able to get 38% off a new model Mêgane. You can cancel the order and get your deposit back, but you won’t be able to get the new model at the old price.

Reply To: Renault Dealer reneged on Friends & Family discount.

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Cancel

Lost Password

Tweet
Stumble
+1