Request refund faulty car

Home Forums Any Other Business Request refund faulty car

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Sam

I viewed and put deposit on a used car. The dealer at the time said there was a fault but would be repaired before releasing the car. I agreed to purchase on this basis. I collected the car 10 days later and after a few miles the engine light came on.

I called and they came to collect it and then nothing. I contacted them 3 days later to be told someone would contact me, they didn’t. I had also been told I’d get a 3 month warranty by email, but despite reminders didn’t receive it.

I thought about it and decided I wanted a refund as had lost all faith in them. I outlined all details and asked for full refund but up to now not had a response. What do I do in this situation? I don’t want the car as I don’t trust them. Thank you.

• #119348 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi Sam. If the dealer is not responding to phone calls and emails, you will have to go down there and speak to them in person.

If you are rejecting the vehicle under the Consumer Rights Act, you will need to put your formal rejection in writing. Given their lack of response, I’d be handing this to the general manager/dealer principal in person.

Reply To: Request refund faulty car

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Lost Password

Tweet
Stumble
+1