fbpx

Independent, impartial advice for car buyers and car owners

Find an Expert Rating: 

Returing a bad second hand car, with log book keys etc.

Home page 2023 Forums Any Other Business Returing a bad second hand car, with log book keys etc.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      M JOY

Hi,

I bought a second ahnd car 37 days ago so it past the automatic return period. I have just become aware that the underside is severely corroded so much so that the chassis is rotted through at the front and rear and the control arms are hanging off.

I have had it looked at and been told it is a right off. i have relayed this to the dealer who seems straight up and has asked i return it with all the paperwork log book and keys etc. so he can assess it. He has not yet said he will refund the sale but this seems likely.

The Dealer is 4 hours away so there is some sense in sending everything provided a refund is his intention.

But I am wary about sending the log book and both sets of keys. What advice would anyone give?

stuart 2022Stuart Masson
      Participant

I’d be taking the car back in person so you can show the dealer the issues and confirm that you will be refunded satisfactorily before handing over the logbook and keys.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.