Returning a car (Land Rover Discovery Sport)

Home Forums Blogs Returning a car (Land Rover Discovery Sport)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 2 weeks, 6 days ago.

• Author

Graham

Hi
    I purchased a New Land Rover Discovery Sport some 15 months ago. Since we purchased the vehicle the engine management light comes on constantly. The dealer has the car back usually for around 3 weeks at a time and say it’s fixed. The parts and labour have been well over £3,000 ( under warranty) but the light keeps coming back on they’ve had it back 6 times now.

I have lost total trust in the vehicle and the dealership and I want to give them the car back either get my money back £41,000 or replace the vehicle, can I demand this?

Graham

• #122947 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi Graham. Trying to reject a vehicle after 15 months is very difficult, although not impossible.The Consumer Rights Act tends to favour the customer over the first six months, and then the dealer after that.

If you try to pursue a rejection under the Consumer Rights Act, you certainly won’t get a full £41K refund as the dealer is entitled to allow for use during your ownership. Over 15 months, that will be a significant amount of money. You are probably better served pursuing Land Rover head office to complain about the vehicle and your troubles, as that may give you a better chance of either fixing the problem properly or exchanging your current car for another one.

Lost Password

Tweet
Stumble
+1