RIP BMW M

Home Forums Any Other Business RIP BMW M

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  turbo_josh_89 4 years, 7 months ago.

• Author
    sackedstig
    sackedstig
    Participant

I found this article clicky and it doesn’t make good reading.

It starts off saying how they are considering the 3 cylinder engine and then comes this passage;

Herr Nitschke did admit to the fact that future M engines will be closer to BMW’s production units, as bespoke power plants like the current M3’s V8 or the V10 in the old M5 aren’t as cost-effective.

the end is nigh soon M will just be a body kit!

Going my own way since 1982, not sure where I'll end up but you're welcome to come along for the ride.

• #4114 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

It’s inevitable, I think. What will define the next generation of performance divisions like M will be how they are able to develop very small engines, and find new ways to differentiate themselves from base models. Turbos, KERS-style systems and chassis/aero will become increasingly important, with engines taking more of a background role. F1 has already shown the way here, and it’s likely to spread further.

• #4127 Reply

turbo_josh_89
    Participant

Pity, M division are famous for their engines. Will they end up just reprogramming ECUs in the future.

Reply To: RIP BMW M

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Lost Password

Tweet
Stumble
+1