Seat Ibiza FR

Home Forums Car Reviews Seat Ibiza FR

Tagged: 

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Sean Burns 2 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

Sean Burns

I wanted to share my review of my beloved car. I am an approved driving instructor and have been teaching learner drivers in a 2013 Seat Ibiza TDI FR for the past 12 months. This car is a revelation. This is my fifth tuition vehicle over the years and is by far the best for teaching learner drivers and for my own enjoyment. This car has the 143PS engine which combines fantastic fuel economy of 55mpg when teaching that includes a lot of idling and driving in low gears combined with holding onto the gears for quite a long time. If I drive this car personally and resist the temptation to use the available power I can easily achieve 70 mpg. This is the staggering thing- oodles of power, making overtaking a breeze, yet hard to beat fuel economy! Why would you drive anything else. To prove a point- I also drive a 250bhp Volvo V70 T5 (very powerful) but would much rather drive the little Seat in most circumstances. The Seat feels every bit as powerful on the road (real world driving) yet returns the great fuel savings.

I have put 40k pain free miles on this car and I honestly think the engine feels better now than when I first bought it. I am often asked is my car not too powerful for learner drivers and the answer is a simple no. It makes the life easier, taking into account; their slower gear changes, joining dual carriageways and aiding overtaking when required.

I would recommend this car and particularly this model to anyone that wants a safe, powerful, and efficient motor.

Reply To: Seat Ibiza FR

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Lost Password

Tweet
Stumble
+1