Sorry about the spam…

Home Forums Any Other Business Sorry about the spam…

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 2 years, 8 months ago.

• Author
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi everyone,

We have been suffering from an increase in spam over the last few days, both in the forum and the comments sections of our articles. I have been playing with different spam filters to get rid of it all, but there is usually a downside in terms of reduced site speed or genuine comments being marked as spam. What you see publicly on the site is only a tiny fraction of what gets filtered out – literally hundreds of spam attacks every day get bounced, but the odd ones slip through the net.

I have gone back to the spam filter that worked best but slowed the site down a bit, and have taken other measures to boost site speed (CDN and caching, if anyone’s interested!), which are costing me more money but will hopefully keep the site experience top notch for everyone.

If you are having any problems, please let me know. I want this to be a valuable resource for car buyers and car owners, and we are always trying to improve!

Reply To: Sorry about the spam…

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Lost Password

Tweet
Stumble
+1