The Bald Head Is Still Tanning.

Home Forums Any Other Business The Bald Head Is Still Tanning.

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by The Colonel The Colonel 4 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

tannedbaldhead
    Participant

Hi chaps, been a while. How’s everyone doing? Haven’t heard hide nor hare of the old Autocar crew bar Matsoc who periodically crops up on PH. Prodigy will be please to read that I’ve just got myself an MG. An old TF. Verdict? I love it.
    What’s more, after I punted my MX5 and realised I needed another softtop after the first sunny day without one I still have £3.5k in an account I intend to add to at £200 a month to provide a big deposit on the new MX5 when it eventually is brought to the market (or even better the rumoured MX5 based Alfa that we may see in the not too distant future.)

• #4494 Reply
    artill
    artill
    Participant

Hello TBH, good to hear you are still enjoying sunny Scotland.

There does seem to be a belief that anything to do with the old Rover Group is naff. I am sure this helps keep the values of the TF nice and low. And of course its rubbish, they are good cars. The fact that you are so far in front financially can only help too.

Any good news on the employment front? Or are things still tough out there for you?

• #4495 Reply
    Ady J
    Ady J
    Participant

Hi Tanned one!

It’s the artist formally known as Prodigy.

How are you finding Piston Sheds then? I joined up, posted and then never returned. Far too complicated for me with far too many sub forums and topics to keep up with.

Fair play on getting a TF :) Hope you enjoy it, and hope it encourages you to get an MG6 when the going gets good again!

www.adyj.co.uk

• #4501 Reply

tannedbaldhead
    Participant

PH v big and impersonal. One never seems to engage in conversation, just state your case and read the opinions of others.

Am in a permanent position at last after a year and a half of contracting. The big money of the late 90s to the late noughties is gone alas, but hey, am in steady work making steady money and driving a steady company chugaboom diesel Vauxhall Astra.

The MG is not steady however. It’s a wee bit rough and ready compared with the MX5, nowhere near as polished or well finished. It crashes over bumps and the body flexes a lot more, it’s less refined and the roof isn’t nearly as easy to get up and down. That said, the K series engine is sweeter and more flexible, I prefer the TF’s handling and it has bags more character and soul. Do I prefer it to the MX5? well yes and no, MX5 is the superior car. but there more to it than that.

• #4502 Reply
    artill
    artill
    Participant

Good to hear you have full time employment

With the Astra joining your fleet, does that mean the old Merc has gone?

The only issue i had with the TF was size, either its too small, or i am too big, but i wasnt comfy in it. The S2000 has a little more room, although a couple of extra inches of leg room would be nice, as would a lower seat.

• #4526 Reply

tannedbaldhead
    Participant

Still have the Merc. It’s worth next to nothing and it still comes in handy. Just out of interest how does everyone else survive without a huuuuuuuge big estate car?

• #4527 Reply
    artill
    artill
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>tannedbaldhead wrote:</div>Still have the Merc. It’s worth next to nothing and it still comes in handy. Just out of interest how does everyone else survive without a huuuuuuuge big estate car?

Good to hear you still have the Merc. I manage without owning a big estate car by borrowing my mates Mondeo Estate when i need to. An excellent arrangement!

• #4528 Reply
    The Colonel
    The Colonel
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>tannedbaldhead wrote:</div>Still have the Merc. It’s worth next to nothing and it still comes in handy. Just out of interest how does everyone else survive without a huuuuuuuge big estate car?

I don’t do anything that requires an estate car? The largest car, that I have bought, is an E46 coupé. Most of my cars have had only two seats. My wife has had an A3 and a Cayenne, and both have seen back seat down action but still nothing that requires a cavern.

I was given and still had up until February this year a Laguna estate which was impressive in its capacious qualities, but still I never used it to anything like its potential.

Keep us up-to-date on the MG. I nearly bought one once but I thought it way too expensive (for pre reg) and the dealer was just an arse. I eventually bought a Z3, a few months later, and the day I collected it the MG was still for sale. Not long after the dealership folded so, I imagine, the car went very cheaply through an auction.

"Who do you think is the most capable?"

"Capable of what?"

Reply To: The Bald Head Is Still Tanning.

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Cancel

Lost Password

Tweet
Stumble
+1