Tracking down an old number plate

Home Forums Any Other Business Tracking down an old number plate

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 4 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

harf
    Participant

Me again

So, i’m not that fussed about getting a personalised plate as such but i do quite like the idea of belatedly keeping my mum’s old plate in the family. However, it’s not in the family currently.

First a bit of background , this sounds extraordinary by modern standards, but here goes …

Before i was born my dad had a company car and my mum had an original Fiat 500 to ferry around my older brother in. When they were expecting me they thought, hmmm i think we’re gonna need a bigger car. By this point my brother was now four years old and so they bought a brand new VW Beetle 1303 – wow, all that extra space! Did they have no baby gear back then? It is the plate of this that i’d like to track down and put on the Alfa.

However, i have contacted the DVLA and it is not available. So someone owns it, but it’s not on a car. The Beetle was bought by some scrap guy i think so perhaps he still owns the plate without realising or something.

If my brother can remember who it was then he’d be the first port of call, if he’s still at the same address.

Otherwise i’m stumped – any ideas?

• #4065 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Don’t think there is any easy solution – tracing the owner of a number plate is probably very difficult due to privacy legislation.

Lost Password

Tweet
Stumble
+1