Used family car needed

Home Forums Buying a Car Used family car needed

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 7 months ago.

• Author

Edward G

Dear All

I’d be very grateful for some thoughts on which makes / models might meet the following spec for approx 10k second hand:

1) Spacious enough to comfortably take three girls (one big, two little) and a week’s worth of their assorted belongings (which is a lot of belongings)

2) Fast and efficient enough for a daily commute amounting to 80 miles (mostly motorway) per day

3) 2013+ and no more than 50k on the clock (theoretically I’d like to be able to get a decade out of it)

4) Petrol (seems to be the way the wind is blowing)

Does such a car exist? All the proper estates look like 15k plus, so I assume it’s going to have to be a hatchback – but can any get close enough to the estates on boot space?

Thanks in advance!

• #110247 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi Edward. You could do worse than look at a new Dacia Logan MCV:
    http://www.dacia.co.uk/vehicles/new-logan-mcv/

Alternatively, you should be able to find estate versions of models like the Ford Focus, Vauxhall Astra, Kia Cee’d, Toyota Auris. etc. I just had a quick check on Auto Trader and all of these are currently for sale somewhere in the UK, and all are 2013+ with petrol engines less than 50K on the clock.

Reply To: Used family car needed

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Lost Password

Tweet
Stumble
+1