Vettel vs. Webber at Red Bull Racing

Home Forums Motorsport Vettel vs. Webber at Red Bull Racing

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by sackedstig sackedstig 4 years, 6 months ago.

• Author
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

This is a feud that looks set to run throughout 2013. But what do you guys think of Vettel’s behaviour in Malaysia? He certainly didn’t have too many supporters within the F1 paddock, but was he justified in breaking team orders?

• #3116 Reply
    andrewtaylor
    andrewtaylor
    Participant

I thought it was very poor form.  Who is supposed to be in charge at Red Bull?  If even Helmet Marko was unhappy with Vettel then he must have very few friends in Milton Keynes right now.

• #3142 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

I think that the best solution has come from Steve Sutcliffe at Autocar – demote Vettel to Toro Rosso for the next race, to teach him a lesson, and give Ricciardo (or JEV) a go in the Red Bull for a race.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/blogs/motorsport/solving-riddle-red-bull

• #3578 Reply
    onehorsepower
    onehorsepower
    Participant

I read extracts from Christian Horner,s interview/press conference today and to me he comes across as the sort of guy I’d like to work for. Some might say you need to rule big egos with a rod of iron but you can’t argue with his track record.

• #3583 Reply
    sackedstig
    sackedstig
    Participant

He’s a Racer, racers don’t accept 2nd place.

Team orders a b*llox its a race the whole idea is its a contest to finish first, how can you possibly ask someone to throw first place? so early in the season too, its not like Vettel was out of contention and webber needed to win to be world champ (and i would still expect him to race in that scenario)

Remember when subaru wanted McRae to let sainz win and he drove flat out, the team even stood in the middle of the track to slow him down but he didnt even ease off. Thats why Vettel/Mcrae and any of the greats are greats and me and you aren’t, they have that instinct and drive to win at all costs that we don’t, we would compromise worry about a wheel falling off/hurting team mates feelings/family etc they don’t.

I’m glad Vettel has shown some teeth, I was worried he was a bit too much of a nice guy.

Going my own way since 1982, not sure where I'll end up but you're welcome to come along for the ride.

Reply To: Vettel vs. Webber at Red Bull Racing

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Cancel

Lost Password

Tweet
Stumble
+1