VIN decoder for UK

Home Forums Technical Discussions VIN decoder for UK

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 1 year, 4 months ago.

• Author

vik

Hi,

I am buying a new Mazda 3 from a dealer in London and while the vehicle arrives from their warehouse in Rotterdam, the dealer is preparing the registration documents. I was given the VIN for the vehicle and the 10th character is 1, which I understand is the model year and equates to 2001.

Is this correct? And if it is why is a car being bought in 2016 have a model year set to 2001 when the model was not out yet. The first model came out only in 2003, second in 2008 and the current third model came out in 2013.

Thanks.

• #92806 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Have you tried this? http://www.vindecoderz.com/EN/Mazda/3

Manufacturers do change their codes for model year/engine/gearbox/etc from time to time, usually because they have run out of letters or numbers to continue on their existing coding structure so need to come up with something different. It may be that Mazda has changed it setup and the information you have is now out of date.

If you are buying a new Mazda3 from a dealer, it will almost certainly be a 2016 or 2015 model year.

Reply To: VIN decoder for UK

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Cancel

Lost Password

Tweet
Stumble
+1