Volvo service history

Home Forums Buying a Car Volvo service history

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by andrewtaylor andrewtaylor 4 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

Robert Sherer
    Participant

Last August 2012 I bought an Volvo S40 demonstration car from a Volvo Dealer and asked to have a full service done before taking delivery.

At the handover, the salesman took a blank Volvo service handbook and entered the mileage and date and when the next service was required as well as the Volvo Stamp.

I now have a computerised Volvo service history and the service requested has not been recorded.

DOES THIS MEAN THAT THE SERVICE REQUESTED WAS NOT CARRIED OUT?????

• #3938 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your question. I would suggesting contacting the dealer’s service department directly and have them confirm whether or not the service was undertaken. But by the sound of it, if the car’s digital service history does not show it then it probably was not done.

If the service was not done, your options will depend on what took place at the time of purchase. Did you have the servicing request listed on the purchase contract? If it is there in writing, then you have some proof to go back to the dealership with. If it was a verbal agreement with nothing written down, it will be more difficult to get them to conduct a free service now, as there is no written agreement. The dealer’s likely attitude will be that you have not had any problems for the last 8 months and are now looking for a free service because it is now due.

Unfortunately, dealers get customers wanting free work done all the time, so if you don’t have anything in writing which shows that they have agreed to it, then you will struggle to get them to do it for you now.

• #3939 Reply
    andrewtaylor
    andrewtaylor
    Participant

If you can’t trust a car dealer, then what’s the world coming to eh?

Reply To: Volvo service history

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Cancel

Lost Password

Tweet
Stumble
+1