BMW X4 – VT or change?

Home Forums New and News BMW X4 – VT or change?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Paul Cz

Hi Stuart  Masson TCE, I find myself in a slightly confusing situation, 11 months ago I part exchanged my BMW X3 in for a New X4 from a BMW main dealer.

the deal at the time was a PCP Lease of which my X3 made up for £14k of the purchase price of the new car. I told the salesperson my average mileage was around 10 to 12k per year, but when I got the paper work he had changed this to 8k. when I asked him he said to get the monthly figure to where I wanted it to be he’d changed it, and not to worry about the extra mileage and go and enjoy the car!

now after 11 months I find that the X4 is not the car for me and want to change it for an X3, but perhaps change over to a Hire Purchase agreement from PCP, how do I stand on this change over?

• #108366 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi Paul. If you have had the car for less than a year, the chances are you will have a substantial amount of negative equity. So you will probably need a few thousand pounds to clear that before you can even start to think about your next car. For more information, have a read of our article on settling your PCP early.

A hire purchase will cost you considerably more per month because you are paying off the whole car instead of just the predicted depreciation.

Reply To: BMW X4 – VT or change?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Cancel

Lost Password

Tweet
Stumble
+1