fbpx

Independent, impartial advice for car buyers and car owners

Find an Expert Rating: 

VW, customer wants to reject a warranty repair

Home page 2023 Forums Any Other Business VW, customer wants to reject a warranty repair

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Sambo

I am 2 years into a PCP deal on a VW Polo. It was a good car until the other day. There was a huge failure in the gears grinding and clutch slipping. I took it into VW and they changed the flywheel from DMF to SMF.

The service said it was an “upgrade” but I know that is a lie because, for a start, it now drives like a clunky land rover bought from the junkyard with judders and splutters. I am concerned that the SMF will increase the vibration on other parts of the engine and transmission and is likely cause significant damage just outside of the warranty period.

They said this was a VW recommended warranty replacement? I called the garage and VW customer services are escalating me to a ‘case’. I said if they do not think that this will cause damage to other parts of the car then VW will not mind extending the warranty for another 2 years.

What can I expect? Can I reject a warranty replacement? I have read your helpful articles about right to terminate after paying 50% (this would be in 5 months) and your article how to reject a new car within 14 days. Can I give back the car now because they are poor?

stuart 2022Stuart Masson
      Participant

Hi Sambo. The warranty on your repair will be valid for two years, regardless of whether you are still under your new car warranty. If they have fitted the wrong part or otherwise messed up the repair, they are liable for fixing it.

Sambo

thanks for your response. I will see what comes of the ‘case’ and then hopefully there is somewhere to turn for advice, because you definitely don’t get any help from VW.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.