Want to buy a car, but on holiday for another month.

Home Forums Buying a Car Want to buy a car, but on holiday for another month.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 4 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

Stan

Hi,

For the last few months I’ve been looking to buy a new car, but none have been in budget/the right spec/ in good enough condition.

About a week ago a car came up that fits all of those criteria, it is the right spec, and price as there is a fault with the gearbox which I can either fix myself or get fixed – the price of this repair would still keep in my budget; apart from this fault the car is in good condition, with a lot of repairs on typically weak parts in the last year.

However I’m on holiday for the next month, and want to see the car myself before I buy. Would it be acceptable to ask the seller (who is a private seller, not a dealership) to hold the car for a month, as well as knocking down the price to cover the fault? He has already dropped the price down £150, so would this be insulting? I would put down a deposit to prove I’m not a time waster, but can’t think of a safe way of doing so.

Thanks in advance for your replies

• #118011 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi Stan. You’re free to ask for whatever you like and negotiate the best possible deal. However, if I was the seller then I’d be refusing to play along.

Reply To: Want to buy a car, but on holiday for another month.

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Lost Password

Tweet
Stumble
+1