What to look for in a 10+ year old Ford Ka

Home Forums Buying a Car What to look for in a 10+ year old Ford Ka

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 1 week, 5 days ago.

• Author

Lorna

I’m looking to replace my very reliable first car which unfortunately had a bus reverse into it a few weeks ago. I had a 06 reg Ford Ka, 29,000 miles on it, near-perfect bodywork. I would like to replace with something very similar – looking to spend between £1,000 and £1,500. I realise I wasn’t very diligent in buying my first Ka a couple of years ago – I don’t remember doing that many checks on it so I was very lucky that it turned out to be as good as advertised. I don’t want to risk that again so I’m looking for a bit of advice on what sort of things I should be looking out for with an old car. I’m looking for similar low mileage so realise the importance of checking that the wear and tear of the exterior/steering wheel/gearbox are all in line with a low-mileage car. Is there anything else specific to Ka’s or just generally? Any questions I should be asking?

Also, I’ve found a 53 reg Ka with apparently 9,000 miles on the clock.
    http://www.tnarmstrong.co.uk/used/ford/ka/13i-70-3dr-9000-miles-only/watford/hertfordshire/18030234
    Assuming this is genuine (I think it looks in pretty good condition on the photos?), should I be cautious of buying a car that presumably has been sat around for most of its 14 years? Is it possible to have mileage that is too low?

Thanks everyone!

• #124618 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi Lorna. Regardless of whether you’re spending £1,000 or £100,000, you will have a much better chance if you follow The Car Expert’s Ten Golden Rules for buying a car:
    http://www.thecarexpert.co.uk/ten-golden-rules-for-buying-a-car/

Reply To: What to look for in a 10+ year old Ford Ka

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Lost Password

Tweet
Stumble
+1