Write off on PCP deal

Home Forums Car finance Write off on PCP deal

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

• Author

Simon

Hi all
    I need some advice! My 2016 Land Rover Discovery was stolen on Thursday and was reversed into a police car at high speed so have suffered damage! I am preparing myself for the worse (they write it off ;( ).

I do not have GAP insurance (please don’t say how stupid I am, I have had it on previous cars but for some reason decided not to on this!)

The market value and the finance settlement fee do not match so a potential £9k shortfall. I was wondering:
    Is there any way I can claim any compensation via the criminal compensation route for my financial loss? (they haven’t been caught as to yet)

What T&Cs of my agreement make reference to LR Finance saying “they MAY ask me to cover any shortfall if the car” it doesn’t state WILL (hoping someone has experience of this wording?)

Is there any other route I can close the gap? it seems madness that normal people are financially impacted by the actions of others – that doesn’t sit comfortably with me!

Any advice is welcome.

• #122729 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi Simon. You’d need to get legal advice on how you should proceed. Have a look at LegalBeagles, which is excellent.

Reply To: Write off on PCP deal

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Lost Password

Tweet
Stumble
+1