fbpx

Independent, impartial advice for car buyers and car owners

Find an Expert Rating: 

Zuto have mislead me and now without car.

Home page 2023 Forums Car finance Zuto have mislead me and now without car.

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Dean Parkinson

Hi I’m in a tricky situation and need help.

I recently decided my current hire purchase vehicle was financially no longer worth keeping. I havnt got the best credit but knew it was worth searching for a better finance deal elsewhere.

I started to look online for car finance, a few declines due to my credit as expected. I then applied with Zuto who started to process my application.
      They noticed on my credit file my previous car finance and I explained that I’m seeking a new car before voluntarily terminating my agreement which I had the right to do so.

I was advised by Zuto I would have to voluntarily terminate my precious agreement first before approving my new finance application.
      I didn’t like the sound of this because I knew I would be without a car and I double checked with Zuto that this application will definitely be approved once I terminate my previous agreement in which they said yes.

So I voluntarily terminated my previous agreement, nothing outstanding, just awaiting the final settlement letter.

I’m now being told by zuto after giving up my car bythat there’s another problem with my income as I just stated a new job and they can’t help me.

So what now? I no longer have my car due to miss leading information by Zuto.

Can I ask for my previous car finance agreement to be reinstated? It only been 1 week.
      Should I make a complaint against Zuto and who to?
      All I know is I feel conned, I gone by a company’s instructions and done what a lender has asked but now because they hadn’t done there checks properly, im without a car and slim chance of getting finance elsewhere.

Thanks

stuart 2022Stuart Masson
      Participant

Hi Dean. You are unlikely to be able to reinstate your previous finance now that you have formally terminated the agreement, but you can contact the finance company and see what they say. If they haven’t processed your termination yet, you may be able to get them not to go through with it.

As for Zuto, there’s probably not a lot you can do unless you have any written evidence of them misselling a finance product to you.

Torsby

Zuto is misleading and fraud?

I paid a holding deposit to a dealer in for a car I wanted to by through Zuto finance. I schedule a viewing two days after my application when through successfully and Zuto convinced me to pay the deposit for the car but should I go view the car and not like it, I just have to take my deposit back without questions. But unfortunately, we could not proceed with the viewing with the dealer as arranged as I found another car.

I have contacted the dealer several times to return my deposit but to no avail. He tells me to contact Zuto, but frustratingly Zuto would also pass me back to the dealer. Now, I live in Milton Keynes, and the dealer wants me to come to their office in Sheffield to sign a document before I can be given my refund. This is contrary to what Zuto told me and more so, I was not informed about travelling to sign any refund document before it would be given back to me. I have complained formally to Zuto only to be told they cannot change the precess of the dealership in terms of refund. I have also proposed that the document be sent to me in the post but to no avail.

Can you advice.

stuart 2022Stuart Masson
        Participant

I doubt that this is a case of “misleading and fraud” by Zuto.

You paid a deposit to a dealer to buy a car. You then changed your mind because you found another car you liked better, despite the fact that you had already committed to buying the first car. Understandably, the dealer is annoyed with you and is fobbing you off in the hope of keeping your deposit as recompense for wasting their time.

However, if you did not set foot in the first dealership and your contact was purely over the phone or via email, then you are entitled to your deposit back. You probably don’t deserve it, but it is your legal entitlement.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.