In addition to a deposit contribution scheme for its hybrid models, Lexus has joined the large number of car manufacturers now offering a scrappage scheme offer on selected models.
For eligible part-exchange vehicles, Lexus is offering a part-exchange allowance of £3,500 against any new CT hatchback or IS saloon, or £4,000 against any new NX or RX SUV. All variants in those model ranges are eligible, including petrol, diesel and hybrid models.
The programme is open to any petrol or diesel vehicle first registered no later than 31 December 2009 and registered to the current owner for at least six months. There is no requirement regarding the car’s emissions level, unlike many other programmes.
The offer runs for any orders placed before the end of December, but cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer (like the new deposit contribution offer).
The Car Expert examines the fine print
- This offer is a part-exchange allowance, for selected used cars part-exchanged against selected new cars.
- Your current car can be from any brand, but must have been first registered no later than 31 December 2009. The first registration date is found in your V5C logbook registration document.
- You must be the owner of the part-exchange vehicle and the buyer of the new car (same name and registered address).
- You must have owned the part-exchange vehicle for a minimum of six months, to stop people buying an old banger for £200 and then getting a £4,000 part-exchange allowance for it.
- The scrappage price is fixed for any car part-exchanged as part of the scheme, not an allowance on top of the car’s value. You are effectively getting nothing for your car, but a discount on the new car (although it won’t be written that way on the contract).
- New cars must be ordered no later than 31 December 2017, although Lexus has not set a deadline for when the new car must be registered.
- This offer can be used on top of any other offers from the dealer/manufacturer/finance company.
- The offer is not dependent on you taking any finance package or other products.