To mark 25 years since it was launched in the UK – and boost falling sales – Vauxhall is offering its Corsa supermini with an attractive headline finance offer from £149 per month, with a £149 initial rental.
The offer is on a personal contract hire (PCH) agreement, for the Corsa Energy 1.4-litre three-door hatch. There are some important terms and conditions to this offer; for all the details, check our analysis of the fine print below.
Despite there being a quarter of a century between the original and current Corsa, the retail price on entry-level models has only increased by £3,850. The first Corsa in 1993 was supplied with a cassette player while the current model offers Apple CarPlay. Its most popular engines have almost doubled in power over the last 25 years, and its interior dimensions have grown significantly.
As Vauxhall’s best-selling model, over two million have been sold in the UK – the equivalent of nine purchases an hour. However, the Corsa has suffered a sales slump in 2017, and 2018 hasn’t started too well either. Vauxhall will be hoping that this and other Corsa offers will help sales pick up against some very tough opposition in the supermini sector.
What’s the fine print on this offer?
- This offer is for a specific Vauxhall Corsa model and is not guaranteed to be available on any other specification.
- The offer listed on Vauxhall’s website is only an example, and you are entitled to adjust the initial rental, term and mileage to suit your needs (within limits).
- Cars have to be ordered and delivered by 31 March 2018.
- The offer is not available in conjunction with any other offer, including Vauxhall’s other recently-announced offers on Corsa.
- The annual mileage on the advertised offer is only 5,000 miles. This is well below the average mileage of UK drivers, so make sure your quote reflects your intended usage of the car.
- Excess mileage will be charged at 5p/mile, which is £50 per 1,000 miles that you exceed your allowance over the term of the agreement.
- A personal contract hire agreement is a rental agreement – you will never own the car or have the option to own the car.
- The finance offer is provided by ALD Automotive, trading as Vauxhall Leasing. If a dealer offers you a finance deal from another lender, it is not part of this offer.
As with any car purchase, work out your budget before you visit the showroom and don’t be persuaded to go beyond it – regardless of what the smiling sales executive suggests. They don’t have your best interests at heart, but The Car Expert does!
For the best independent and impartial car buying advice on the internet, always check with The Car Expert: