Dacia is continuing its scrappage offer on the Duster SUV, and also providing an allowance for Sandero models until the end of March.
The company had already been offering a £1,000 scrappage allowance on selected part-exchange vehicles against a new Duster, and this will continue for any cars purchased by 31 March. Dacia is also extending the offer to the Sandero range, which will now be available with a £500 scrappage allowance.
The allowance amounts are significantly less than offered from other manufacturers, but then Dacia’s cars are priced a lot cheaper as well.
Entry-level Access models are not included in the offer, so you’ll need to be looking at a mid-spec Ambiance or top-spec Laureate model for either the Sandero or Duster.
Checking the fine print
- This offer is a part-exchange allowance, for selected used cars part-exchanged against selected new cars.
- Your current car can be from any brand, but must be built to Euro 4 emissions standard or earlier, first registered no later than 31 December 2009.
- You must be the owner of the part-exchange vehicle and the buyer of the new car (same name and registered address).
- You must have owned the old car for at least 90 days, to stop people buying an old banger for £100 and then getting a £1,000 part-exchange allowance for it.
- The scrappage price is fixed for any car part-exchanged as part of the scheme, not an allowance on top of the car’s value. You are effectively getting nothing for your car, but a discount on the new car (although it won’t be written that way on the contract).
- You must buy and take delivery of your car by 31 March 2018.
- This offer cannot be used on top of any other offers from the dealer/manufacturer/finance company.
- The offer is not dependent on you taking any finance package or other products.
For the best independent and impartial car buying advice on the internet, always check with The Car Expert: