Dacia is continuing its scrappage offer on the Duster SUV, and also providing an allowance for Sandero models until the end of March.
The company had already been offering a £1,000 scrappage allowance on selected part-exchange vehicles against a new Duster, and this will continue for any cars purchased by 31 March. Dacia is also extending the offer to the Sandero range, which will now be available with a £500 scrappage allowance.
The allowance amounts are significantly less than offered from other manufacturers, but then Dacia’s cars are priced a lot cheaper as well.
Entry-level Access models are not included in the offer, so you’ll need to be looking at a mid-spec Ambiance or top-spec Laureate model for either the Sandero or Duster.
Checking the fine print
- This offer is a part-exchange allowance, for selected used cars part-exchanged against selected new cars.
- Your current car can be from any brand, but must be built to Euro 4 emissions standard or earlier, first registered no later than 31 December 2009.
- You must be the owner of the part-exchange vehicle and the buyer of the new car (same name and registered address).
- You must have owned the old car for at least 90 days, to stop people buying an old banger for £100 and then getting a £1,000 part-exchange allowance for it.
- The scrappage price is fixed for any car part-exchanged as part of the scheme, not an allowance on top of the car’s value. You are effectively getting nothing for your car, but a discount on the new car (although it won’t be written that way on the contract).
- You must buy and take delivery of your car by 31 March 2018.
- This offer cannot be used on top of any other offers from the dealer/manufacturer/finance company.
- The offer is not dependent on you taking any finance package or other products.