2 year unlimited mileage warranty on new vans?

Home Forums Any Other Business 2 year unlimited mileage warranty on new vans?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 1 month, 1 week ago.

• Author

Coolmover

We run a fleet of vans. All are purchased brand new from the manufacturers. We have, from time to time, engaged in disputes with the manufacturers when a van is, say, 13 months old and has done more than the 100,000 miles/36 months warranty provided. In this instance we have a Transit Custom that has failed injectors – a well know problem – at 125000 miles and 15 months old. Ford are refusing to entertain the notion of the unlimited mileage warranty. I’ve been doing this a long time and I was always under the impression that it is EU law that makes the manufacturers offer a 24 months/unlimited mileage warranty (even though, other than Renault, they don’t tell anyone about it)

Can anyone point me towards the correct legislation? Or am I misguided?

• #147974 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi Coolmover. We’ve republished your post over at our sister site The Van Expert, as it’s more relevant to that site. However, in summary: the EU warranty laws apply to consumers, not to businesses.

Reply To: 2 year unlimited mileage warranty on new vans?
Your information: