• Brands
  • Partners
  • News
  • Reviews
  • Forum
  • New car ratings

2017 Megane

Home Forums Car finance 2017 Megane

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 10 months, 1 week ago.

• Author
    COnnor Chilton

Hi all,

I’m hoping someone can give me some advice.

Bought a brand new Renault Megane and took delivery of it in June last year. A month or so after I took delivery the radio started cutting out all the time. Took it back to Renault within 6 months and they stated the issue was fixed.

A few days later I had the same issue- took it back within a few months and they confirmed it was fixed.

A few weeks after that the issue came back again- took it back. Renault have now told me its a known issue but there isn’t currently a fix- they are working on a resolution however there is no timescale as to when this will be resolved and that they will just ‘keep me updated’.

The car has had this issue since the beginning and I have just been fobbed off each time. I just want to understand my rights. Can I still reject the car as I informed them within 6 months of the fault and its never been fixed? If I’m not able to do this am I able to claim compensation given I have paid full price for a car that doesn’t work properly with no current solution?

I’m really frustrated because I am left paying full price for a car that doesn’t work correctly!

Thanks,

Connor

• #137878 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi Connor. Under the Consumer Rights Act, you haven’t rejected the car within six months. Simply raising the issue isn’t rejecting the car.

In any case, the Consumer Rights Act is probably not the best avenue for pursuing the matter as the car still performs its main job of getting you from A to B – a faulty radio is probably not sufficient cause to reject the car after more than a year.

Your best bet is to keep hassling Renault under your new car warranty. Complain to Renault UK head office if the dealer is not giving you the necessary answers, but you’ll have to keep at them to get anywhere – basically become the most annoying person in the world (although always polite and never abusive).

Reply To: 2017 Megane

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: