• Brands
  • Partners
  • News
  • Reviews
  • Forum
  • New car ratings

900 miles in a week from deposit to collection

Home Forums Buying a Car 900 miles in a week from deposit to collection

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 2 months ago.

• Author
    Ronners

My wife picked up her new used car today from a main dealer. She put down a depot when the car had 19,700 miles as shown on their website and the deposit paperwork. She’s picked it up today, paid in full and I’ve checked the service they did this morning. It’s done 900 miles in a week.

Rather than being delighted with the new car I’m fuming with the dealer. Feel totally ripped off that they’ve been dragging around in it. It’s not on. But what can we do?

• #167540 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

If the car was a demonstrator or loan car, it’s not unusual for it to accumulate significant mileage between order and delivery, although 900 miles in a week is high.

It’s entirely likely (and probable) that the actual mileage was higher than 19,700 when your wife signed the sales contract, but neither she nor the dealer checked the car to get the correct mileage.

It’s possible that the mileage wasn’t actually 19,700 in the first place and the advert was wrong. However, you’d be hard-pressed to successfully argue that the value of the car has been materially affected by an extra 900 miles on the clock if the car’s condition is otherwise as it was when the contract was signed.

Reply To: 900 miles in a week from deposit to collection

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: