A few years old, used car for about £10,000

Home Forums Buying a Car A few years old, used car for about £10,000

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Hello

I am a 23 years old man. I am driving for 3 years and feel confident as a driver, however my knowledge about cars is very limited. Also, my driving experience is limited roughly to one car: SEAT Ibiza (2015), 1.6 manual. I was driving few more cars (renting etc.) but for now I can say that I am not a refined driver who will feel that much difference between driving different cars.

In the next few months I am planning to buy an used car and I don’t want to pay more than £12,000, however preferably I would spend much less like £8,000 or even £7,000. I know it is a big spread but it is because my knowledge is not that big so it may be possible that I was looking for a specific car from 2015, but your advice may be to buy the same car from 2013 cause it is very reliable.

I will be using a car for a daily commuting to work (about 7 miles each way), 2 times a moth for a short trip about 150 miles in total and 2 times a year longer trip. I believe diesel engine will be good in this case.

My main requirements (all of them important):
      – The car must look nice (preferably Saloon type looking like Mazda6 or Vauxhall Insignia)
      – The car must be cheap to maintain both when it comes to fuel consumption and repair
      – The car must look nice inside, preferably having a display
      – Gearbox: automatic
      – Engine: I don’t need a sport car, however I want engine to be powerful enough to have a good acceleration if needed

Less important:
      – Car not older than 5 years
      – Lower mileage
      – Comfortable and spacious interior
      – Parking sensors

I already have a lot of candidates. I was checking a lot of opinions about them and asking my friends but I always found at least one opinion which was very negative about each car.
      – Vauxhall Insignia
      – Mazda 6
      – Mazda 3
      – Volvo S60
      – Mercedes-Benz C-Class
      – Volkswagen CC
      – Ford Mondeo
      – Citroen C5
      – Audi A4

Of course that for example Audi A4 is a much better car than Vauxhall Insignia but costs much more and I will get older car, with poorer version. What would be your advice?

Regards
      Lucas

• #142386 Reply

I am sorry, the car I mentioned, Seat Ibiza is not from 2015 but from 2005…

Viewing 1 reply thread
Reply To: A few years old, used car for about £10,000

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: