fbpx

accepted car finance but not paper work singed

TCE home 2021 Forums Car finance accepted car finance but not paper work singed

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Daniel

Dear forum people, I went to a dealer showroom
      First The dealer wanted to check if I can get a finance for the car which I did got approved, I didn’t sing any paperwork as it was to late and they ask me to come back next day, but I change my mind on buying this car, as I realise there was not a test drive done and no proper car information shown to me,

Now dealer is telling me the car is mine and I have to comback to collect the car as I obligated to buy it, not sure what’s going as I didn’t completed or sing any loan or car v5 log book, am not sure what going on,
      Am Sure I have the right to cancel if I had sing any documents anyways but as they calling me to comback am not sure if I am
      Obligated to completing the sale please help and advise
      Thank you

Daniel

SORRY EDITED TO SPELLING ERRORS
      Dear forum people, I went to a dealer showroom
      First The dealer wanted to check if I can get a finance for a car which at the end I did got approved, I didn’t sing any paperwork as it was to late and they ask me to come back next day to continue, as the night went I change my mind on buying this car, as I realise there was not a test drive done and no proper car information shown to me,

Now dealer is telling me the car is mine and I have to comback to collect the car and I am obligated to buy it, Am not sure what’s going on as I didn’t completed or sing any loan documents or sing the new car v5 log book, am not sure what to do,
      I know I have the right to cancel in something call cooling off period if I had agree to anything, but they insist that I should come to complete the sale. please help and advise
      Thank you

Stuart Masson

Hi Daniel. If you haven’t signed a vehicle purchase order or paid any deposit, you haven’t bought a car.
        If you did give them a deposit, then you have indicated your commitment to buying the car.
        The finance agreement is separate to the vehicle purchase agreement. You have a 14-day cooling-off period to cancel your finance, but this doesn’t cancel your car purchase and you wouldn’t have a cooling-off period on buying the car.
        If you have paid any deposit, you can walk away but the dealer will be unlikely to refund your money, so you’ll probably have to fight to get it back.
        If you haven’t paid a deposit and haven’t signed an order form, there’s nothing they can really do to force you to complete the purchase.

Dag Hammar

I think the dealer is bluffing and hoping that you will just give in to their demands.
      You have not stated whether you have paid a deposit or not.
      You may not have signed the finance documents but did you sign a sales or purchase agreement ?

If you have not paid a deposit and have definitely not signed any paperwork I would suggest you do not go back to the dealers premises and if they chase you by telephone then firmly say that you are not going to proceed with the purchase of the car.
      It would be nice to hear how you get on with this and the outcome, please let us know.

Daniel

Hi everyone thank you so much for the replies it does really help a lot on situations like mine,
      This is the Update

They were calling me all
      Day today 21-January 2019,I answered one of the calls and they demanded me that I have to go to see them as I have been approved the car finance,

MORE details for you guys,

the car was on display in the parking slots the car is on a 65reg plate, I did not sing any finance agreement or car paper work and I did not give any deposit, but I remember I sing one pepper were I fill in my personal information, income, address, work address and signature, not sure what was that for,
      going back to the phone call I told them that I change my mind and I don’t want the car anymore and why is their interest on me to go and se them,
      The told me that due to their procedures I have to cancel in person,
      I don’t want to go back there as I am scare they force me to buy, am not sure if they can sue me for not buying the car, please advise me on what should I do,
      Thank you

Stuart Masson

If you haven’t signed a vehicle contract and haven’t paid a deposit, there’s not really anything they can do to force you to buy the car.
      You certainly don’t have to go in to “cancel in person”, especially since you don’t appear to have actually bought a car so there’s nothing to cancel.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.