• Brands
  • Partners
  • News
  • Reviews
  • Forum
  • New car ratings

Advice needed asap

Home Forums Buying a Car Advice needed asap

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 1 year ago.

• Author
    Lucy

Hi guys not sure if I’ve posted this in the correct forum but I’m after some advice.

I bought a second hand Peugeot 207 in January as my first car, when I bought it from the dealer I was given a 3-month warranty.
    2 weeks before this expired the car wouldn’t start so I took it to them and it turned out to be a faulty ECU they kept the car and replaced the ECU, however, this took them 2 and a half weeks once they finished the repair they told me I had a lifetime warranty on this part.

Today 5 weeks later the car won’t start and has the exact same symptoms as last time I’ve have spoken to the garage who have said they can’t look at it for another week due to a refurb and they are not prepared to let me have it corrected by another garage and them pay the charges or even offer me a courtesy car. They have been no help whatsoever. So now I’m paying for two taxis a day just to get to and from work and they haven’t even had the car yet so it’s going to be around 3 weeks before I have a working car again. Do I have any rights regarding this? As I’m going to be massively out of pocket for the next few weeks.

Thanks in advance

• #132420 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi Lucy. if the car is being repaired under warranty then it’s largely up to the warranty provider to decide how it’s fixed. In this case, it sounds like the dealer is warranting the repair itself rather than using a third-party warranty company.

You can try and negotiate for a courtesy car or reimbursement of expenses, but you’re unlikely to get anywhere.

Reply To: Advice needed asap

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: