• Home
  • Advice
  • Brands
  • Partners
  • News
  • Reviews
  • Forum
  • New car ratings

Our all-new and unique Expert Rating system analyses new cars based on dozens of UK media reviews to give you the best possible car buying advice. Check it out now!

2015 Mercedes A-Class – gearbox crunching

Home Forums Any Other Business 2015 Mercedes A-Class – gearbox crunching

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar Th1991 3 weeks, 3 days ago.

• Author
    Th1991

Hi all,

New to this forum. I have a Mercedes-Benz A-Class 2015 model which I bought from an approved dealership. One female previous driver and less than 40,000 miles on the clock.

I’ve had the car for 8 months and from day 1 I’ve had a problem switching from 1st to 2nd gear. I feel like I am crunching the gear as I can hear a slight noise at times and I can feel how it isn’t a smooth transition. It is also stiff feeling.

I have my foot fully down on the clutch and I change slowly and how I always have with my previous cars. So I just don’t understand it. This doesn’t always happen. Sometimes It glides from 1st to 2nd smoothly, other times it’s a common occurrence throughout the whole drive.

Took my car to Mercedes, they say it’s fine and no issues. My friend has driven it also with no issue. Am I being paranoid, are the gears just like that or am I actually somehow crunching it because of something I am doing?

Feeling really paranoid as I don’t know if I am damaging it. Any advice is most appreciated! Thank you.

Reply To: 2015 Mercedes A-Class – gearbox crunching

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: