• Partners
  • News
  • Reviews
  • Forum
  • New car ratings

Audi RS4 Refund

Home Forums Car finance Audi RS4 Refund

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 1 year, 3 months ago.

• Author
    Sarah

Hi there!

My partner and I recently bought an Audi RS4 from our local Audi dealer – Oxford. It since transpired that the car had multiple faults and failed the 149 point check on numerous points. The car even had accident damage covered up (!)

The dealer offered us a full refund of our deposit (£10,000) via email and to settle the outstanding finance. Since receiving the deposit the dealer have applied to return the money to themselves via the bank and haven’t settled the finance – leaving us with a default on our credit score!

Not sure what to do next other than going to the courts! Has anyone had a similar experience? Surely it cant be legal to just decide without even consulting us that we actually cant have a refund and have to keep the car? Definitely not the sort of practice I’d expect from an Audi dealership!

Thanks very much for your help! :)

• #131097 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi Sarah. Are you saying that the dealer initially returned your deposit but then had the transaction reversed by their bank?

It seems odd that the dealer would offer a full refund and then change their minds after returning your deposit, which suggests that there is something that either they’re not telling you or you’re not telling us.

Usually, refunding the customer and taking a car back is a last-resort option for a dealer after they have exhausted every possible alternative of repairs and/or compensation.

I think you will need to get some professional legal advice to assess your options. The more information you have in writing, the better.

Reply To: Audi RS4 Refund

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: