Find an Expert Rating: 

Bought a car week ago

Home page 2023 Forums Buying a Car Bought a car week ago

Tagged: , , ,

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      John marton

Hello there

I recently bought a Ford Fiesta which is 2015 model, still young as you can see. So basically since yesterday my car Brake pad most likely front pads have been making noises which is indicating it has to be replaced. I was told by the TRUSTFORD employee on the date of the sale i will be able to collect my car 2 days after the deposit as it is going in for a service/check up. as you can see the brake pads has not been replaced and is this against the law to sell a car with weak pads? am i able to have them change free of charge? as i payed £9700 for this car.

Kind regards

Jason

I have Bought a used Mini Cooper s from mini 2 weeks ago and mini have now advised me BMW advise to change tyres at 3mm and mine is at 4mm and new brakes on one wheel. should they have not of advised me when they did the multi point check so I could make the choice if I bought the car or not ? Also if I have an accident due to tyres being low am I fault if I didn’t change the tyre as advised by mini?

stuart 2022Stuart Masson
        Participant

Hi Jason. 3mm may be BMW/MINI policy or recommendation, but the legal limit is 1.6mm.

It is probably not so much care for your welfare as the fact that they sell tyres for considerable profit…

stuart 2022Stuart Masson
      Participant

Hi John. In terms of whether it is against the law to sell the car with worn pads, it will depend on how worn the pads were at the time of sale.

John marton

Thank you for replying Stuart, but since it hasn’t been 1 month since i got this vehicle am i able to change it free of charge? I will be visiting TrustFord this Thursday.

John marton

Because i have paid quite a lot of money and was told that the vehicle would go through pre-service etc. I am guessing they should change it free of charge? thank you for your time.

stuart 2022Stuart Masson
        Participant

I don’t know what TrustFord’s policy is on vehicle exchanges, but I would say it’s unlikely. If the pads are legal, they are not obliged to change them for new ones unless it was agreed in your vehicle purchase contract or if the company has a policy about replacing worn (but still legal) consumables.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.