• Home
  • Advice
  • Brands
  • Partners
  • News
  • Reviews
  • Forum
  • New car ratings

Our all-new and unique Expert Rating system analyses new cars based on dozens of UK media reviews to give you the best possible car buying advice. Check it out now!

Alfa Romeo Mito – no dipstick

Home Forums Car finance Alfa Romeo Mito – no dipstick

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 9 hours, 22 minutes ago.

• Author
    david best

Hello I bought an Alfa Romeo Mito about nearly 2 months ago and when I got the car it came to light that it only had half a dip stick, so they said they would order a new one. So it’s now nearly 2 months and still no dip stick so I have no way of checking the oil.

I ring them and email them on a weekly basis and told the same thing every time they will get straight on to it and get back to me yet they never get back to me and its left to me to chase it up and the same thing every time we will sort it yet 2 months and still I have a car with no dip stick.

Can I just return the car as I think they have had long enough to sort it and they never get back to me any advice? plz thx

• #176847 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi David. Not sure why such a simple issue is taking them so long. It’s probably not sufficient grounds to reject the vehicle as it should still run normally without a dipstick.

If you’re worried about the quantity of oil in the motor, you can probably buy a dipstick off eBay or similar for under £20 to save yourself some stress, and then either bill the dealership or continue to chase them for a new one.

Reply To: Alfa Romeo Mito – no dipstick

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: