• Brands
  • Partners
  • News
  • Reviews
  • Forum
  • New car ratings

Brand new Nissan Micra in garage

Home Forums Buying a Car Brand new Nissan Micra in garage

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 1 year, 3 months ago.

• Author
    Danielle

I have recently bought a new Nissan Micra on 27th January, on the day I was picking it up I was advised it had come up with a fault for the headlights on the dash although everything was working. We agreed as I had already swapped everything over with insurances from my old car that was being part ex’d that I would take the vehicle and they would contact me to get the Micra back in.

This happened and I dropped it off with them on 2nd February. I was advised they should only need it a couple of days. It is now the 14th Feb and other than me ringing them twice for an update there has been no contact. I have been told they still haven’t cleared the fault with all the suggestions from Nissan, the latest was on Friday 9th, they were told by Nissan it would need a software patch but yet on Monday when I spoke to them they were awaiting the patch being sent through. All this time I have been in a courtesy car.

Where do I stand as I am basically paying for a brand new car which is on finance that I simply don’t have?!

• #128327 Reply
    Danielle

Just got another update (by me calling them) to tell me now Nissan have told them they swap both headlights out but they don’t have a doner car or any in stock so have gone back to Nissan to ask what to do.

• #128615 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi Danielle. Other than continuing to hassle the dealer (daily, if necessary), there’s not a lot you can do to make new headlights magically appear.

Yes, you are paying for your new car, but you have been given a courtesy car in lieu of that so you are more or less even and haven’t really lost out. Yes, it’s annoying.

You can try rejecting the car under the Consumer Rights Act, but if the headlights are/were functional and it’s simply generating a false error then it would be difficult to argue that the car is faulty.

Reply To: Brand new Nissan Micra in garage

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: