• Home
  • Advice
  • Brands
  • Partners
  • News
  • Reviews
  • Forum
  • New car ratings

Our all-new and unique Expert Rating system analyses new cars based on dozens of UK media reviews to give you the best possible car buying advice. Check it out now!

Buying a used car for under 10000m/y > considering a hybrid?

Home Forums Buying a Car Buying a used car for under 10000m/y > considering a hybrid?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Avatar John R 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author
    John R

Hi! I live in a city, driving every day to work, taking children to school and kindergarten, doing many short routes. Once a month I do a 40-mile ride, and have 3-4 longer family trips a year.

In general, I don’t expect to do more than 10000 miles a year, most of what would be daily city driving.

My budget runs around 6500 pounds.

I would like for the car to be comfortable to drive and sit in, and to be safe. Of course, thinking of economy and maintenance.

I’ve considered gasoline models because of maintenance. Diesel models could be good value for the money and with a better mileage. But what intrigues me most now would be a hybrid car! From all I could find, the Toyota Auris would be my top choice (VVTi 1.4, D-4D, or hybrid) I have found some selling at my budget price, 2012 models. Another choice could be a Ford Focus Eeconetic or something similar with a low CO2 emission.

I’d appreciate any advice or personal experiences. Thank you!

Reply To: Buying a used car for under 10000m/y > considering a hybrid?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: