• Home
  • Advice
  • Brands
  • Partners
  • News
  • Reviews
  • Forum
  • New car ratings

Our all-new and unique Expert Rating system analyses new cars based on dozens of UK media reviews to give you the best possible car buying advice. Check it out now!

Buying a used car outside my city

Home Forums Buying a Car Buying a used car outside my city

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 8 hours, 49 minutes ago.

• Author
    Rhys Burton

I’m looking buy my first car and have been advised that buying outside my city would be a bad idea as if there’s any problems it would be hard to go back to the dealer and get it sorted. However, my city isn’t the biggest and therefore buying only within my city massively limits my buying choices. Is it a big problem to buy outside your area and what would be your maximum buying radias?

• #176854 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi Rhys. Legally you have the same rights regardless of where you buy your car in the UK. So if the vehicle is faulty and you want to reject, it doesn’t matter if the dealership is next door or on the other side of the country.

However, it’s obviously easier to pop into the dealership if you have an issue if the dealer is in your own neighbourhood.

Reply To: Buying a used car outside my city

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: